Several Manchester United players are out on loan spells this season, particularly the youngsters looking to get a taste of first-team football. Here’s a look at how they’ve been getting on.
Amad has been impressive at Sunderland this season, recently winning the EFL Young Player of the month and PFA Fans’ Player of the month awards.
The Ivorian played all 90 minutes in the Black Cats’ 1-1 draw against Fulham in the FA Cup last weekend and produced a very good performance.
After struggling against Preston North End a fortnight ago, Hannibal was named on the bench in Birmingham City’s cup tie last time out.
The midfielder was introduced into the game with less than 30 minutes on the clock and performed superbly, providing the assist for the Blues’ late equalizer.
Shoretire has joined Bolton Wanderers on a short-term loan deal and has quickly settled into life with the Trotters.
The teenager made his second start for the club last weekend, playing just under an hour before coming off with an injury as Bolton won 2-1.
Savage is highly rated in United’s academy and featured for the Red Devils during pre-season. The midfielder has joined Forest Green Rovers on loan until the end of the season.
He was an unused substitute in the Rovers’ last game but could make his debut against Peterborough United this weekend.
McNeill is another academy prospect who has recently left United on loan, with the striker joining League Two outfit Newport County until the end of the season.
Fish has primarily been used as a squad player during his loan stint at Hibernian this season.
However, the 19-year-old made his third start for the club last weekend and got on the scoresheet in an overall solid display.
Other loan departures include Alex Telles, Dean Henderson and Ethan Laird, who are all out with injuries, Eric Bailly, who is suspended, and Alvaro Fernandez, who played 12 minutes in Preston North End’s 2-0 cup defeat to Tottenham Hotspur last Saturday.
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books
- ‘High hopes’: Lionel Scaloni speaks about Alejandro Garnacho’s future with Argentina