Manchester United have released several players on loan this summer and are still looking to move on some others.
Dean Henderson is perhaps the most notable departure so far with the Englishman joining newly-promoted Nottingham Forest on a season-long loan after failing to displace David de Gea for the starting berth between the sticks.
The 25-year-old recently gave a scathing interview on how United failed to fulfil their promise to make him the starting goalkeeper and despite the negative backlash his comments generated, Henderson has let his game do the talking.
While De Gea has been shambolic in his two outings this season, Henderson has been perhaps Nottingham Forest’s best player.
He produced a masterclass against West Ham United last time out, saving a second-half penalty to secure a 1-0 win for his side.
Alex Telles is another senior player who has temporarily exited Old Trafford this summer, joining La Liga outfit Sevilla.
With the arrival of Tyrell Malacia at the club, Telles found himself down the pecking order and has now moved in search of regular football.
The Brazilian made his first appearance for the club in the off-season, coming on as a second-half substitute in Sevilla’s 1-0 win over Cadiz.
He was also introduced from the bench for his La Liga debut at the weekend, replacing Luis Ocampos for the final 10 minutes of the Rojiblancos’ 2-1 opening day defeat to Osasuna.
Another United left-back has gone out on loan this summer is Álvaro Fernandez.
The 19-year-old will spend this season at Preston North End and has already appeared three times for the Championship club.
Fernandez came on as a substitute in his first two competitive outings for the club before making his first start against Huddersfield Town in the Carabao Cup.
The Spaniard provided two assists in the first half before coming off at the interval due to an injury.
He missed Preston’s league game at the weekend due to the injury but has now returned to training and should not be out for much longer.
Ethan Laird completed a move to Queens Park Rangers on Monday while Hannibal Mejbri is closing in on a loan move to Birmingham City.
There are several other players United are looking to move out this summer. Eric Bailly, Phil Jones and Aaron Wan-Bissaka may have to leave on loan instead of permanent transfers due to a lack of suitors.
- Man Utd planning fresh move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix
- Man Utd plan to track Andre Onana and Goncalo Ramos in upcoming Champions League tie
- Erik ten Hag provides a fresh injury update on Christian Eriksen
- Three emerging French midfielders Man Utd could sign this summer
- Manchester United to play nine games in ‘crazy’ April schedule
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract