Manchester United have released several players on loan this season with their experiences varying from player to player. Here’s a look at how they’ve been getting on.
A week after Amad’s second-half performance against Wigan Athletic was lauded by Sunderland boss Tony Mowbray, the Ivorian winger was handed just his second league start of the season.
He repaid his manager’s trust in the opening 20 minutes of the game with a well-taken finish to give the Black Cats the lead against high-flying Burnley.
However, the 20-year-old was powerless to stop a dramatic comeback from the Clarets as Sunderland lost 4-2.
Dean Henderson has been perhaps Nottingham Forest’s most consistent player this season and continued his impressive showing for the club at the weekend.
After a man-of-the-match display against Brighton and Hove Albion last week, the Englishman helped clinch a shock 1-0 win over Liverpool on Saturday.
With Taiwo Awoniyi opening the scoring 10 minutes after the restart, it was up to Henderson to seal the win and he did so quite brilliantly, reacting quickly to deny Virgil van Dijk an equaliser deep into stoppage time.
Sevilla have struggled since Telles’ arrival in the summer, prompting the dismissal of manager Julen Lopetegui.
The full-back has found favour with new boss Jorge Sampaoli, starting four of Sevilla’s five games under the Argentine.
The Brazilian played all 90 minutes in the Rojiblancos’ 3-1 defeat to league leaders Real Madrid last weekend.
Mejbri has been a regular for Birmingham City since he arrived at the club and started three straight games this month which saw John Eustace’s men pick up seven points from an obtainable nine.
The Tunisian had to settle for a place on the bench against Blackburn Rovers last time out before coming on for the final half-hour, although he could not prevent his side’s 2-1 defeat.
The highly-rated left-back has been a regular for Preston North End this season.
He made his seventh straight start for the club in their 4-2 defeat to Blackpool last weekend.
Laird is another Manchester United academy graduate who has had a consistent run of minutes in the Championship this season.
The 21-year-old has started 12 of Queens Park Rangers’ 16 league outings this season, most recently playing the full 90 minutes in their 2-1 victory over Wigan.
Bailly joined Olympique Marseille last summer and while he has been used sparingly in the league, he has started all four of their Champions League outings this season.
The 28-year-old was absent from the squad last time out due to an injury, and it remains to be seen if he will be available to face Eintracht Frankfurt later this week.
Other loan departures include Ethan Galbraith, who played 60 minutes in Salford City’s 1-0 defeat to Stockport County last time out, and Matej Kovar, who suffered his first defeat as a Sparta Prague player in their 4-0 thrashing in the derby on Sunday.
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March
- Changes made to Owners’ and Directors’ Test could affect Man United takeover