Manchester United return to action this weekend as they face Liverpool in the latest round of Premier League matches.
Liverpool have struggled this season but have started picking up points in pursuit of a top-four finish.
United have been in fine form in recent weeks and will be eager to return to league football on a winning note this weekend.
The Red Devils picked up a 2-1 win in their last game in this fixture and will hope for similar luck this time around.
When and where will the game take place?
After playing three of their last four games on home turf, United will head to Anfield for their clash against Liverpool.
The match is set to be played on Sunday evening as the penultimate fixture of the gameweek.
The home side endured a difficult start to their league campaign but have improved in recent weeks.
They picked up a 2-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in their last game, with Virgil van Dijk and Mohamed Salah scoring a quickfire double in the second half.
Their latest result ended a run of back-to-back winless outings and they will now be looking to build on that when they host United on Sunday.
Jurgen Klopp cannot select Thiago Alcantara and Luis Diaz this weekend as they are both injured. Joe Gomez and Naby Keita are also doubtful for the game.
United are enjoying a good run of results at the moment. They are third in the Premier League standings and still have an outside chance of winning the title.
They built on their recent Carabao Cup triumph earlier this week, recording a 3-1 home win over West Ham United in the last 16 of the FA Cup.
Strikes from Alejandro Garnacho and Fred, alongside an own goal from Nayef Aguerd, helped the Red Devils overturn a one-goal deficit against the Hammers and extend their unbeaten run to 11 games.
Luke Shaw and Jadon Sancho missed the game, and it is unclear if the duo will return.
Players to watch – Salah vs Malacia
Both managers are fighting for points in the league at the moment and will undoubtedly field their strongest possible XI on Sunday.
Mohamed Salah has been one of Liverpool’s better players in a difficult campaign, with the Egyptian netting his 20th goal of the season last time out.
The 30-year-old has a brilliant goalscoring record against United and will be eager to get on the scoresheet this weekend.
Tyrell Malacia made his first-ever start for United against Liverpool earlier in the season and put in a strong performance.
The Dutchman may be needed to replace Shaw this weekend and will be keen to impress.
Liverpool vs Manchester United Predicted XI
Liverpool (4-3-3): Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ibrahima Konate, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, Stefan Bajcetic; Mohamed Salah, Cody Gakpo, Darwin Nunez.
Manchester United (4-2-3-1): David de Gea; Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Lisandro Martinez, Tyrell Malacia; Casemiro, Fred; Antony, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford; Wout Weghorst.
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March