Lisandro Martinez is adamant that Manchester United will achieve success on the pitch this season.
In a recent interview with magazine GQ, the defender talked about the desire of the team.
He said: “I have a good feeling. There’s an incredible energy in this team, a big ambition, a strength, a hunger to win titles and taste glory.
“Honestly, we feel like a team and not just the players.
“I’m including the kit men, the doctors, the trainer and his staff.
“We’re fortunate to be at one of the best clubs in the world – we’re conscious and thankful for that so we will work, work and then work some more.”
Manchester United had a poor start to the season
Erik ten Hag’s time in England started in the worst possible manner last year.
Brighton & Hove Albion and Brentford thrashed United in back-to-back defeats.
The Red Devils suffered major blips throughout the campaign, such as the embarrassing 7-0 and 6-3 defeats to Liverpool and Manchester City respectively.
However, they finished the season by winning the Carabao Cup and returning to the Champions League.
United fans had high hopes, but the first two games have shown that the Red Devils are far from making a decent challenge for the Premier League title.
Martinez’s presence at the back has been a major boost. He is an aggressive defender with the vision to play incisive passes.
Being a left-footed centre-back helps him to create fine angles to pass through the middle rather than forcing the ball out wide.
United’s defence looks stable, but problems persist further forward.
Ten Hag has deployed Marcus Rashford as a striker in the absence of United’s new signing Rasmus Hojlund.
Rashford is United’s most threatening attacking player, but he is at his best when starting on the left wing.
Playing on the flank helps him to create space and use his blistering pace to beat defenders.
Antony is a great talent but makes poor decisions in the final third. Hojlund is still young and might take time to settle at Old Trafford.
Ten Hag undoubtedly has a big job on his hands in his second season at the Theatre of Dreams.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player