Leicester City are interested in signing Manchester United winger Amad Diallo but face competition from other Premier League clubs like Burnley and Sheffield United.
According to Daily Mail, Leicester have identified Amad as a potential replacement for Harvey Barnes, who is expected to leave the club this summer.
Barnes is touted with a move back to the English top flight, with Newcastle United and West Ham fighting for his signature.
Amad enjoyed an impressive loan stint with Sunderland last year, bagging 14 goals and four assists in 43 appearances.
Amad should stay with Man United’s first team this season
The Ivory Coast international is one of the hottest talents in the country.
His dazzling performances and breathtaking goals with the Black Cats showed that he has great potential.
In our view, United should not even think of selling Amad this summer.
Erik ten Hag must test him in the pre-season tour to see if he has what it takes to create an impact on the first team.
With Antony being the first-choice right-winger, Amad could be more involved from the bench.
Ten Hag will expect him to be as productive as Alejandro Garnacho was down the left flank last campaign.
The upcoming pre-season games will be vital in deciding Amad’s future.
The Dutchman might keep him with the United first team if he could make a few goal contributions.
This opens a vacant spot for a young forward, and it is up to Amad to grab that.
United can consider sending him on another loan if the starlet fails to catch the eye in pre-season.
However, thinking of permanently selling him could turn out to be a big mistake in the future.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player