Leeds United are keen on signing Manchester United defender Brandon Williams, according to The Independent.
The 22-year-old is available for transfer as the Red Devils look to raise more funds to sign Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, but whether he is willing to move to the Championship remains to be seen.
Williams struggled with fitness issues during the first half of last season and ended up playing just once in the entire campaign.
He has enjoyed a productive pre-season but will still struggle for opportunities as Man United are well-stocked in both full-back positions.
Williams spent 2021-22 on loan at Norwich City, working briefly under Daniel Farke before the German manager was sacked.
The former Canaries boss is eyeing a reunion with the Man United academy graduate at Leeds, but the rivalry between both clubs could see Williams reject the move.
The full-back is a staunch Red Devils fan, and he did not hesitate to criticise Rio Ferdinand for praising Manchester City in June after they won the treble.
Williams is out of contract next summer, but there is an option to extend his deal by another 12 months.
Man United are unlikely to activate that option, but he needs to move to where he can play regularly next term.
Leeds are offering him that chance as they eye an instant return to the Premier League after getting relegated last term.
A loan exit is unlikely to work as Man United would prefer all squad exits to be permanent at this point as manager Erik ten Hag seeks to reshape his squad, and he requires fees to fund planned signings.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray