Thiago Alcantara has agreed a five-year-deal at Old Trafford, with the move now just needing Manchester United to meet the Barcelona midfielder’s £15 million buy-out clause.
Reports in Catalan daily, Sport, suggest the 22-year-old is closing in on a move to the Premier League Champions, with United boss David Moyes admitting he is ready to spend in a bid to end his first season at the club with silverware.
While the worst kept secret of the summer looks set to end in days, inversely the ‘Wayne Rooney is not for sale’ stance looks set to be challenged by Barcelona.
The Spanish Champions will test David Moyes’ resolve with an offer which includes unwanted forward David Villa.
Villa has struggled to make a real impact since joining Barcelona from Spanish rivals Valencia. The arrival of Alexis Sanchez decreased his chances further and has since been linked with a host of clubs including Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Man United owners will consider selling minority shares if revised bids don’t impress them
- Man Utd must avoid signing Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic this summer
- Man Utd could sign Barcelona winger Ansu Fati for just €35m this summer
- Man Utd handed timely boost for Newcastle clash with Luke Shaw set to return early from England duty
- Why Man Utd should target Rasmus Hojlund next summer
- Man Utd following Roma and Juventus target Davide Frattesi
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe makes improved offer to buy Man Utd, Sheikh Jassim to follow
- Man Utd must enter race to sign Antonio Silva amid interest from three European clubs
- Victor Lindelof casts doubt on his Manchester United future
- How Glazers blew up Mourinho’s plan to bring Van Dijk to Man Utd