Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo is set to double his wages before the end of the year due to a clause in his contract, according to the Sun.
The 18-year-old signed a new deal in February which increased his salary from £10,000 to £20,000 when his first-team appearances hit double figures.
Mainoo signed his first professional contract with Man United in May 2022 before making his debut against Charlton Athletic in the League Cup in January.
The Red Devils academy graduate also played in the FA Cup and Premier League before the end of 2022-23, with an injury in pre-season keeping him out of action for the opening months of the current campaign.
Mainoo started his first Premier League game in the 3-0 win over Everton last weekend, producing a man-of-the-match performance which earned him his first Champions League appearance against Galatasaray during the week.
The teenage sensation was also involved in action in the 1-0 defeat at Newcastle United on Saturday to make his sixth appearance for Man United.
Mainoo is now four games away from triggering the clause which would see him double his current wages, which is expected to happen this year with seven games left for the Red Devils before 2024.
Substantial bonuses every time he is included in the matchday squad are also part of the deal, with appearance and win clauses included.
His current contract expires in 2027, but there is an option to extend it by 12 months.
While his wages will further increase once he is an established member of the first-team, Man United are determined to keep their academy graduates grounded after having had their fingers burned in the past by handing huge wages to youngsters, with Adnan Januzaj an example.
However, Mainoo is likely starting to attract suitors with his performances, and clubs could try to lure him away from the Old Trafford club in the coming months with better personal terms.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow