Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo was involved in training with the first-team squad on Monday for the first time this season.
The 18-year-old travelled with the Red Devils squad on their 2023-24 pre-season tour of the United States but picked up an ankle injury against Real Madrid.
Mainoo was flown back home to the UK afterwards where further assessment of his injury ruled him out of the opening weeks of the campaign.
The teenage sensation has been working on his recovery since and appears to be closer to attaining full fitness.
Journalist Andy Mitten took to social media platform X to share a video of Mainoo training at Carrington with his teammates ahead of the Champions League group game against Galatasaray on Tuesday.
His return is a huge boost for manager Erik ten Hag whose side has been beleaguered by several injury woes in recent months and weeks.
Argentina international defender Lisandro Martinez has joined the likes of Luke Shaw, Amad Diallo Traore, Tyrell Malacia and Aaron Wan-Bissaka on the treatment table and is set to be ruled out for months.
It remains to be seen if Mainoo will be involved in action tomorrow, but he is likely to get a nod to make the Premier League matchday against Brentford on Saturday if he is fully fit and ready to play.
The midfielder made his competitive debut in January 2023, starting in the 3-0 Carabao Cup win over Charlton Athletic before making his league debut in February as a substitute in the 3-0 win over Leicester City.
Mainoo is one of the most promising graduates to have emerged from the Man United academy in recent years, and he has been tipped to establish himself as a Premier League star going forward.
The struggling Red Devils need a hero right now given their current underwhelming form in the league, and the youngster will be hungry to contribute his quota and help improve their fortunes on the pitch.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin