Napoli defender Kim Min-jae is expected to join Manchester United in the upcoming transfer window, according to Corriere dello Sport (page 3).
The Red Devils are likely to part ways with Harry Maguire in the coming weeks and Min-jae is reportedly the top target to replace the England international.
The South Korean has been fantastic in his debut season at Napoli but could leave them soon.
The 26-year-old has a foreign release clause worth €60m in his contract and Corriere dello Sport claim that ‘he will go to Manchester United’ this summer.
The Red Devils will trigger his ‘termination clause’ in the ‘first two weeks of July’.
Min-jae would be a superb acquisition for United
The centre-back has been on United’s radar since his time in the Chinese Super League. Back then, the club were hesitant to sign him but are now prepared to land his signature.
Min-jae would be a splendid signing for the Red Devils, considering he has no weaknesses. This season, he has completed 73 passes per game with an accuracy of 91 per cent.
He has won 1.6 tackles, 3.5 clearances and 4.6 duels per outing. The South Korean has a strong physical presence and has won an impressive 63 per cent of his aerial challenges.
In our view, Min-jae may only join United if he has the assurance of regular game time. We could see him rotated regularly with Raphael Varane for the right centre-back role next term.
This could be a good thing for Varane, who has suffered plenty of injuries with consistent work load. The Frenchman needs to be handled with caution to avoid future setbacks.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions