Napoli defender Kim Min-jae will move to Manchester United on July 1 with personal terms already agreed, according to Il Mattino.
The centre-back had a brilliant debut season with Napoli, but he is widely expected to leave this summer amid interest from the Red Devils.
The South Korean star currently has a €60 million (£52m) release clause in his contract, which will be active during the first 15 days of July.
Il Mattino report that Erik ten Hag’s side will trigger the buy-out clause, and the player ‘will be at Manchester United’ from July 1.
The Naples-based publication add that the 26-year-old has already agreed terms over a €10.4m (£9m) annual contract with the club.
Min-jae edging closer to Man Utd switch
The Red Devils have been touted to sign the centre-back for several weeks, but they will have to stay patient with his clause only active next month.
The likes of Chelsea, Newcastle United and Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with Min-jae, but he appears to have made the decision to join United.
Min-jae should be a fantastic signing for the club, considering his strong defensive and passing attributes.
Last season, he completed a stunning 73 passes per Serie A game with an accuracy of 91 per cent.
The former Fenerbahce star averaged 26 passes in the opposition half. He also won 1.6 tackles and 4.5 duels per outing while making 3.5 clearances.
Min-jae is a strong ball-playing central defender, and should provide fierce competition to Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez for a starting berth.
The South Korean should get his fair share of playing time with regular rotation, but could also cement a starting role, considering Varane’s injury record.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract