Napoli defender Kim Min-jae is set for his farewell ahead of a summer move to Manchester United, Italian publication Il Mattino claim.
The South Korean star signed for the Serie A outfit from Fenerbahce last summer and he has had a tremendous debut campaign.
Min-jae has been instrumental in their title success, keeping 16 clean sheets from 35 top-flight outings.
He is now a huge favourite among the Napoli faithful but Il Mattino claim that his ‘farewell is confirmed’ after the final game of the season.
Min-jae is suspended for the last league game but he is expected to be in the stands at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona this weekend.
Il Mattino add that United have shown the ‘greatest interest’ in signing him, and they should be the next destination for the 26-year-old ace.
The Red Devils will trigger his €60 million release clause which will be active from July 1 to July 15.
Min-jae edging closer to Man Utd switch
Over the last few weeks, Il Mattino have highlighted that Min-jae will move to Old Trafford. They may have inside knowledge over his situation.
Min-jae has been brilliant in his maiden campaign in Italian football. In our view, he would be a superb acquisition for United with his strong defensive qualities.
The South Korean is a ball-playing centre-back. He has averaged 73 passes per league game this term, with an impressive accuracy of 91 per cent.
Meanwhile, he has won 1.6 tackles and 4.6 duels per outing while making 3.5 clearances.
Min-jae would be a perfect competitor for Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez. He could push for a starting spot, given the former is injury-prone.
He would be a bargain purchase for his buy-out clause, and it seems United are clear favourites to sign at the moment, based on updates in the Italian media.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return