Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that Edinson Cavani is available for tomorrow’s late Premier League kick-off against Everton at Old Trafford.
The Uruguay international picked up a knock to his ankle during the first half of the 9-0 humbling of Southampton and as a result, he was substituted at the interval.
Speaking in a press conference ahead of Saturday’s game, Solskjaer said that Cavani is fit to face the Toffees after overcoming the minor setback suffered in midweek.
Edinson should be available, yeah definitely – he got a bad ankle knock there [against Southampton],” he said in the press conference, as quoted by the club’s official website.
However, the United head coach revealed that Eric Bailly, who has been out with several fitness issues this term, is doubtful to make the matchday squad against Carlo Ancelotti’s side.
“Eric is a doubt but, apart from that, everyone is raring to go,” he added.
Bailly has shared the central defensive duties with Victor Lindelof over the past few months with the latter struggling with a nagging back problem.
The Ivorian has impressed with every opportunity offered, but Solskjaer is quite clear with his preference of Lindelof and Harry Maguire in central defence.
The 26-year-old has not been ruled out of tomorrow’s late Premier League clash and, hopefully, he can pass the late fitness test and make the squad.
The Red Devils have managed just one victory in the previous four league meetings against the Toffees (two draws and one defeat).
A victory on Saturday night would see them do the league double over the Merseyside outfit for the first time since the 2017/18 campaign.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright heaps praise on Man Utd defender Lisandro Martinez
- Man Utd handed big blow with Casemiro suspended for three key Premier League games
- Erik ten Hag and David de Gea hit out at inconsistent refereeing
- Lisandro Martinez in top form as Man Utd beat Crystal Palace in the Premier League
- Manchester United 2-1 Crystal Palace: Three talking points from United’s gutsy win after Casemiro is dismissed
- Erik ten Hag ready to axe six first-team Man United players in the summer, including the club captain
- Man Utd have practically agreed fresh contract terms with Alejandro Garnacho
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Marcel Sabitzer to make full debut
- Manchester United interested in signing Barcelona forward Ansu Fati
- Manchester United Women top of the pile after winning their last three games