Harry Kane is reportedly set to be offered £400,000-a-week wages by Tottenham Hotspur if he agrees to extend his stay at the club, according to the Telegraph.
Accepting the offer would make him the joint-highest-paid player in the English top-flight alongside Kevin De Bruyne.
The 29-year-old has entered the final year of his contract at Spurs, but he hasn’t shown any indication he wants to pen an extension.
The Premier League outfit run the risk of losing him for free in 2024, but chairman Daniel Levy is not ready to part with him.
Bayern Munich have had two bids turned down for Kane, with the latest offer being around £70 million.
Manchester United were also heavily linked with a move for the centre-forward earlier this summer, but they have backed off.
However, they may not have completely abandoned their pursuit of one of the best strikers in Europe.
The Red Devils could come back with an offer if they sense Levy has softened his stance.
A lucrative new offer will not change Kane’s mind
Tottenham are desperate to keep the England international who has been their top performer over the years.
They are ready to make him the joint highest-paid player in the Premier League by offering him £400k a week in wages.
This strategy is unlikely to work with Kane as his main priority is to win major silverware.
He is unlikely to have his wish fulfilled if he decides to extend his stay with Tottenham.
Spurs finished eighth in the league last season, which means they cannot offer him any form of European football in 2023-24.
Salary data from Spotrac.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return