Juventus are working on a contract offer to re-sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba this summer, Gazzetta dello Sport claims.
The Frenchman has less than four months remaining on his current deal, and there are currently no talks over a possible renewal.
It appears likely that he could move on from the Red Devils after six seasons. The Bianconeri are reportedly focused on re-signing him.
Pogba spent four seasons with the Turin giants between 2012 and 2016. He is said to welcome a potential reunion with the club this summer.
However, a deal may not be straightforward. Pogba currently earns around €15m annually. He will need to accept a 50 percent pay cut.
The Bianconeri are willing to offload players to accommodate Pogba’s return, but won’t pay him beyond the €7.5m annual package which Dusan Vlahovic is currently on.
Pogba has had another mixed campaign with Manchester United amid a long-term thigh injury. He has still impressed with one goal and eight assists from 20 appearances.
The £49.5 million-rated star has not been a favourite among some supporters, but there is no denying that he remains a key figure at the heart of the club’s midfield.
This has been acknowledged by interim boss Ralf Rangnick, who decided to play him shortly after his injury comeback. Pogba has featured in every game since the winter break.
Despite this, there has been no progress over a new deal. United are finding it hard to convince Pogba, particularly with their frosty relationship with agent Mino Raiola.
Raiola has constantly talked up the midfielder’s exit, and it has been reported that United’s hierarchy are already looking into potential replacements for Pogba.
The 28-year-old will need to accept a massive pay-cut to rejoin the Bianconeri.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Man Utd agree fee with Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong
- Erik ten Hag could hand first-team chance to James Garner
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final