Juventus are keen on landing the signature of Anthony Martial on loan with an option to buy in the summer of 2023, Calciomercato reports.
The Frenchman has endured a tough year with the Red Devils, and he is no longer an assured starter in the Premier League.
Martial has been limited to two league starts this season, while he has made only a substitute appearance in the Champions League.
There are suggestions that he could head for the exit door, and it is now reported that the Bianconeri are looking to land his services.
The Frenchman reportedly likes the prospect of joining the Serie A giants, but a deal may not be straightforward with the Red Devils.
Man Utd are eyeing a fee between £38-42 million for his services, but the Bianconeri feel the price is extravagant amid his lack of game time.
The Turin outfit will propose an 18-month loan deal with a £25m purchase option in June 2023. They are willing to pay part of his wages.
Martial prefers to lead the attack, but that appears a distant possibility with Cristiano Ronaldo, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Edinson Cavani ahead of him in the pecking order.
The Frenchman can also play out wide, but he faces similar competition for places.
Rashford, Greenwood, Paul Pogba and Jadon Sancho have all been preferred ahead of him this season.
Martial still has plenty of time to prove himself. The Frenchman’s contract does not expire until June 2024, while the club have the option of extending his deal for another campaign.
Despite this, he could move on at the earliest possibility, considering his lack of regular first-team football could see him miss out on a World Cup berth with France next winter.
He was handed starts for Les Bleus recently but has been out of the picture during the current international break. Martial needs to be playing regularly to improve his selection prospects.
The Bianconeri are yearning for another frontman after parting ways with Ronaldo without landing a replacement. There has been an overdependence on Paul Dybala this season.
Martial has looked far from his old self this year, but a regular run of matches could help him revive his form and confidence. It remains unclear whether United will entertain an extended loan.
Over the years, United have rarely sanctioned winter departures, and they could be tempted to keep hold of Martial for the campaign before deciding on his future.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash