Juventus are considering a move for Manchester United forward Anthony Martial following the season-ending injury to Federico Chiesa, Calciomercato reports.
Martial has already expressed his desire to leave United amid his lack of game time, but the hierarchy are yet to receive a suitable transfer offer on the table.
Sevilla were keen on luring him on an initial loan, but were put off after the Red Devils refused to contribute part of his wages for the rest of the campaign.
Interim boss Ralf Rangnick recently said that Martial asked to be excluded from the squad against Aston Villa, but the Frenchman has since dismissed that he made a request.
The 26-year-old’s future is uncertain at the moment, and it appears the Bianconeri could make an approach as they are eyeing a versatile attacking option this month.
Martial has been a solid contributor for United over the past six-and-a-half years, bagging 79 goals and 50 assists from 268 appearances.
However, his game time has significantly reduced over the past year. His form has dipped while he has also picked up untimely injuries.
The Frenchman likes to play up front, and he is no longer assured regular starts with the competition from Cristiano Ronaldo and Edinson Cavani.
Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford have also been picked by Rangnick lately. He faces similar competition in the wide attacking roles.
As many as five players including Bruno Fernandes, Jadon Sancho and Anthony Elanga have got the nod over him under the German tactician.
His desire to move appears justifiable, but United are unlikely to sanction his exit unless they receive a suitable offer.
The Bianconeri could be eyeing a loan option after Chiesa’s injury. Martial could be handed a chance to impress and secure a permanent deal.
The move could still be dependent on them paying a loan fee on top of agreeing to meet his current wages of £250,000-per-week.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final
- Man Utd studying right offer for Alessandro Bastoni
- Should Man Utd move for Chelsea target Josko Gvardiol?