Jumping Ahead of Hull and onto Barca

So forgive me, if for once, I choose to not talk about Hull and rather focus the gist of my piece on Barcelona instead.

I received an email from Craig Murray (if you haven’t heard of Craig Murray, here’s his Wikipedia page), who sent me a link to a disturbing image and article centered around Barcelona — a club, he purports, supports a fascist dictatorship. [Link — Warning: Contains an image of a dead body, might be disturbing. Read with discretion.]

There are parts of this story that have some truth in it — Pitch Invasion did a piece on Barcelona’s ties with Uzbekistan billionaires earlier (remember the Samuel Eto’o story?), and Alisher Usmanov, the Arsenal shareholder — so you can read up on them if you are interested. There are things that would make UNICEF quake in their boots.

But I don’t want to make this all political and look for reasons to hate Barcelona. I really like Barcelona as a footballing side. I’ve always been a little cynical of the people that run clubs in general, and I’m aware that they may not come with the cleanest of slates. But it was a story I was sent from Mr. Murray, and I thought I’d share it since there hasn’t been much media coverage of that angle. Craig Murray does say that anyone who supports FCB is a supporter of the fascist regime, and unfortunately, that is a stretch because football fans are usually captivated by the on field activities. I think the fans should voice their protest of the administrators’ involvement in dodgy deals — but I doubt one can fault the fans, some of who’ve been supporting the club even before Uzbekistan was a nation.

Moving on to United, Rio reckons he’ll be fit for the final — he’s in training kicking a ball. Fergie reckons he should have some minutes under his belt over the weekend. He’s already handed a starting berth to O’Shea. The back four, barring injury, should be fairly predictable.

The manager took some time out to talk about the kids, so to speak.

“Our young Italians? We have two and a half, Macheda and Petrucci plus the naturalised Brazilian [Rodrigo] Possebon. The three are all talented and I can assure you that these kids have a bright future ahead of them. Macheda is a great striker and we are all getting to know his skills. He came together with Petrucci and neither of them spoke English but they went to school, studied and learned quickly. Petrucci is another very strong Roman boy. He is now struggling with an injury that has ruled him out until the end of the season but he has great potential and will do well.”

Barcelona have Henry and Iniesta back in training. I say, bring ’em on! Beating a Barca side that’s full strength on the attacking side will make the victory even sweeter.

Meanwhile, Steven Gerrard is sitting on the fence, yet leaning towards United for the Champions’ League final. Methinks there is a closet United supporter somewhere — so much for ‘I want United to die’ eh?

So there’s the news for now — more will be forthcoming in the days leading up to the final. I will be on vacation in the weekend but I should pop in an out and there will be a couple of articles to give you fodder to discuss. Be nice.

22 May 2009 at 12:43

@Eric the Red: O Lord YES, I had forgotten the naive Teves fans INTERUPTING Fergie’s celebration victory speech. Things are beginning to happen at OT, that I thought we would NEVER see or hear from the United Faithful. I can’t get over them BOO-ING Fergie and at such a time, with the whole football worlds press watching. Well, perhaps I should say emphatically, that I cannot get over any United Fan boo-ing Fergie PERIOD. Some of our fans, seem to be behaving like the Rent a mob BOO-ERS from other CLUBS. Is Teves AFTER his continuous complaints and badmouthing of our Club and Manager, really worth being supported AGAINST Fergie? United fans certainly seem to pick classless hero’s to give all their devotion to, these last 2 seasons. I don’t GET IT BRO 🙄 . Have they really taken Tevez & his slave owners side in this fight with the club, or am I mistaken???

2. Nino

22 May 2009 at 13:00

I’d like to know what is it with Argie’s and alienating United supporters? Veron was a total wasteman and never really won the fans over, Heinze did but turned out to be a total c**t in the end, Tevez has been the most successful and popular of our Argie signings but is heading the way of his two predecessors with his disruptive talk in the buildup to the most important match of the season so far. It’s plain to see that he is at best a 3rd choice striker and for a fraction of the £32m he is “worth” you can get a decent third choice striker just as good from the lower echelons of the Premier League (Santa Cruz or O.Martins for example, though I am not suggesting that we buy either of them) or even in La Liga (Gudjohnsen), Serie A (Milito? Although he’s signed for Inter I’ve heard…) or Bundesliga (Dzeko or Ibisevic) as an example.

3. Stephen

22 May 2009 at 13:06

@Nino: Good point actually, Veron was quite popular but Fergie didn’t utilise him very well unfortunatly, Heinze is a twat and Carlos is making himself very unpopular especially is or when he signs for the Dippers, because that is what he wants, judas.

4. Nino

22 May 2009 at 14:57

@Craig Mc: Sorry to be pedantic bro, but what’s with misspelling Carlito’s name as ‘Teves’ throughout this thread? Do you really dislike him that much that you won’t even spell his name properly? lol

5. gator

22 May 2009 at 17:32

WOW is all i can say abt the barca fascist ties! crazy shit

6. Rd

22 May 2009 at 17:51

@Craig Mc: I know what you mean, how shitty and disrespectful was that? The man has just won the title that puts the team as the joint most successful team in England and the fans thank him by not even giving him the respect he deserves during his speech. At least they didn’t boo, f**king ingrates.

Onto Sunday’s match, I hope Tosic plays, I head he has improved immensely from his last first team outing vs. Spurs, lets see if that translates into the first team too.

@phoenix red: No way Evans should play if Rio is playing(unless the Evans in question is Corry), no use risking them both leaving only Vidic. If Rio is fit for Sunday, he shouldn’t even play a full match, 60minutes or a half is enough. The relegation teams can stuff their law suits up their collective rear ends.

22 May 2009 at 18:20

@Craig Mc: And it’s official, Tevez reward for his big mouth is he sits on the subs bench for the CL final alongside his buddy Berba. This shows how strong minded and in control Ferguson is because many managers might have sent a lifeline or a positive message to Carlito that we hear you and we want you, by starting him. But not Fergie. Fergie basically said to him, it’s my way or the highway. And if he don’t like it, tough titty.

I like Tevez and what he offers a team on the pitch but if I was manager I would not pay half of what they are asking for him for two reasons you brought up. Because of Tevez continual disrespect and mouthing off in the media and secondly and most importantly, it’s time big clubs stood up to these rogue super agents who seem to think they hold all the cards and will manipulate and sculpt the world body of football with their greed and dirty dealings. To Hell with Joorabchian and all who are like him. United will not knuckle under to their wild and outrageous demands for a player who at best is worthless than half of what they are asking. And yes you are right, Carlito, like Ronaldo should shut the fuck up, think back to the days when he was nothing more than a guttersnipe living in poverty, getting into fights and struggling to survive and realize that what he is doing now is not a not a right, it’s a privilege. Too many footballers today have forgotten that principle, and it’s our responsibility as supporters to continue to remind them.

22 May 2009 at 18:26

Tevez is done for me. I hope he signs for Liverpool, and wins nothing for the rest of his career. I hope it costs Liverpool the reported £50 million, thus bankrupting the chumps in the process. I hope Liverpool are the next Leeds.

22 May 2009 at 18:33

@Rd: This is the likely team according to mutv punters Kusc
    Gary Nev RIO WES BROWN Fabio
    Martin Fletcher Gibson Tosic
    Macheda Welbeck

Fergie says Wes has been training for two weeks, and is likely to play.
    Not a bad team to take on Hull m’thinks 😆 . Knowing Fergie though, this could all be changed last minute 😆 😆 .

22 May 2009 at 18:40

Either way it has ruined my fantasy football teams last week of points with ronaldo vidic and evra unlikely to play!

22 May 2009 at 18:46

@Craig Mc: What amazes me is that if anybody should be downright mad as Hell at Tevez it should be us the fans. The majority of us make less than 1% of what Tevez makes and we are then meant to respect and accept his demands while he stabs us in the back by not accepting the offer made to him by our team, while considering jumping to our arch rivals and bitter enemies, the Scousers? 🙄

I say Hell no. 😡 Working your ass off on the field is great and we all love and appreciate your effort but never think that just because you do that, that you are all of a sudden far more worthy than all of us and that you are being so respectful to all of us while you live in a mansion, drive great sports cars and fly back and forth to Argentina as if it was me driving back and forth to the grocery store.

It’s time this player stopped pandering to the mob by waving at us and blowing kisses, but actually started to show some humility and show us some real (not made up) respect by shutting the fuck up and accepting the fact that at present, he’s not good enough to start for Manchester United. I don’t begrudge him the desire to play more or to start but here’s the thing Carlos, earn it. His play this year has been hot and cold but mostly inconsistent. When he has started, he has been disappointing more often than not. If you really want to make Fergie’s mind up for him, give him a reason to never consider benching you. You know, like Rooney and Ronaldo or Vidic and Rio. They start nearly every game because they are truly consistent world class stars. And even if Ronaldo hasn’t been super this year or as consistent, he is ten times the player Carlos is on a bad day. It may not seem that way to the majority of OT patrons with their agricultural blue collar minds sitting in the stands and getting excited by his blue collar running, diving and emotion but with not much substance or finished product to show for it. Lets face it, some of us supporters are so simple minded that we get excited by key chains that are bright and shiny. 🙄

Don’t get me wrong, I have said many times that Tevez brings qualities and attributes to the club that it occasionally needs. Goals however are not one of those things and for that reason alone, he’s just not worth what they are asking. Fifteen goals in all competitions may seem like a decent total as it is only 2 less than Rooney and more than Berbatov, but lets not forget most of them were scored in the Carling Cup competition. In the EPL and in the CL Tevez has a hand full of goals and that for me is not enough from a starter or even a bench player. I just have to think back to Solksjaer to realize that we need more from a #3 striker. And like Solksjaer, we need one more element in this man’s makeup. We need him to be humble and accept his role because he loves and respects the club. Basically Carlito, what I and many of us expect from you is something the professional wrestler/actor The Rock used to say to all his opponents. “Shut your mouth and no your damned role”. Words to live by Carlito.

22 May 2009 at 18:49

@phoenix red: This 50 million offer by Liverpool is all a lie also. Liverpool hasn’t come out and officially stated it and it’s only Joorabchian trying to counter Spurs meager 18 million offer that brought that on. And trust me, Spurs would be over paying too. Nobody but nobody will pay the asking price or anything over 20 million for Tevez. if they do, they are nothing more than humongous fools.

22 May 2009 at 18:56

@Dan: Park, Evra and Tevez are close bum buddies who have bonded in a weird way because I still try to figure out how the Hell they actually communicate? Anyway, it’s not unheard of when a few foreign players support their friend because make no mistake, the dressing room is very clique based. You have the Portuguese mafia of Ronaldo, Anderson and Nani, you have the veteran mafia of Scholes, Neville and Giggs and you have the wee mafia of Park, Tevez and Evra to name a few. Let him vent his worry over losing his buddy. But let him also worry that his play will be severely curtailed next season should we buy a player by the name of Valencia. Now if I was Park, I would be more concerned about myself and impressing the Boss, rather than fret over a player who doesn’t want to stay. Why doesn’t Park go up to his friend and challenge him on his greed. Why not ask him to send his agent packing and to accept the United offer for him and Evra because as friends they don’t want him to go? To throw it all on Fergie. Fergie has been more than patient with both Park and Evra for their indifferent and often poor play. I would suggest it’s smart to keep their mouths shut and just play their game.

22 May 2009 at 19:02

@Stephen: I’ll miss his emaculate first touch which reminds me of a bull in a china shop. 😉 😀 And just once I’d like to see if he could score a goal where he doesn’t try to roof the ball and kill it, but actually place it gently into a corner. The only time he did that was with his back heel a few weeks ago. The boy lacks finesse.

22 May 2009 at 19:04

@Grognard: ‘Po’ (of Kung fu Panda) has a better first touch. 😀

22 May 2009 at 19:07

@Grognard: Glad to see you get around to see what I’ve been saying for a while about Tevez. He needs to STFU (or, as they say, shut the fuck up).

22 May 2009 at 19:08

@Grognard: Amen to that Grog. And you know what the sad part is Bro? If Tevez had kept his mouth SHUT, he maybe had a chance of being in the team in Rome. He has messed up big time 🙄 . There is no guarantee either, that Tevez will get onto the field at some point before Berbatov, and so that will upset Tevez even more. Berba and Ronnie though, have been saying all the right things lately, as has little man Nani. If Nani stays, I think his diplomacy so far, might just get him out of the leper colony. What say you Grog 😆 😆 .

22 May 2009 at 19:17

@Grognard: Simples really Grog! Park is worried about Valencia coming, and that is why he is begging and pleading with Tev not to leave 😀 .

WEE Mafia 😆 😆 😆 , you got that one right!

But Lil Man Nani, Andie and Ronnie MAFIOSA? 😯 . Those 3 wouldn’t know how to hurt a fly – they are Soooooooooooooooooo harmless – BLESS 😀 .

22 May 2009 at 19:20

@Craig Mc: The fans that booed Fergie are a disgrace and are nothing better than Anfield plants. A real fan of United, a real fan that has grown up over the past 22 years watching this team be built by a legend should never ever ever contemplate booing the great man. How dare they boo Sir Alex. The shame they bring on all of us is too great verbalize. Oh I don’t mind if we question his strategy and tactics because that’s what fans do. I don’t mind if we don’t like his player selections, but one thing we must never do, is boo a man who has brought 11 EPL championships, 5 FA Cups, 3 League Cups and soon to be, 3 Champions League trophies as well. All together the man has brought us more than 25 major trophies and that’s more than one trophy a season on average. What fucking lowlifes and pieces of human excrement have the audacity and classlessness to boo and challenge the man like that, after all he has given us? Their heads should all be place on spikes and paraded around Old Trafford like an old medieval ritual after a war.

Mancunia should all collectively hang their heads in shame over the acts of a number of so called supporters that would take the side of a disrespectful Argentine who albeit works hard for us but offers us very little for his effort. A player so filled with misdirected emotions and the lack of IQ that he would rather go play for losers rather than stay and contribute to the best club in the world. A player with such an over inflated ego and opinion of himself that he doesn’t recognize that he is a average finisher, poor dribbler with no pace and a player incapable of making a quality pass into space. A player that frankly works hard but offers very little in terms of tangible evidence for his efforts. A player that sees scores so few goals that the ones he does score are magnified a hundred times in his head. A player who blames Fergie for his problems but who allows himself to be owned like a cheap whore by a man with a greedy agenda who couldn’t give a rats ass about him. A player who has outlived his usefulness and who should move on before fans like myself who actually liked him, learn to hate him for his moments of greed, selfishness and ultimately, disrespect. The day he criticized my manager, my hero, Sir Alex Ferguson, is the day he officially died in my heart. And to those of you who are taking his side over our manager. To Hell with all of you. a bunch of mindless disloyal rabble.

22 May 2009 at 19:22

@Grognard: I think the dippers haven’t come out and said it yet Grog, because the deal depends on them shipping out a good few of their present team. I am getting the feeling though, that many United Tevez fans are beginning to turn away now, because of the continuing press barage – ing by the Tevez team. Tev’s team have waged a gorilla type warfare against our Club management and Fergie – BASTARDS. They are failing!!!!

22 May 2009 at 19:25

@Red Ranter: Yes he does. Had he kept his mouth shut and just did his job he would have given Fergie a more difficult decision to make. Bu this mouth not only showed Fergie no respect or appreciation, his mouth had thousands of hard core OT fans and many others throughout the world actually turn on our manager over this mess. To Hell with him. His output isn’t worth the trouble and derision he has created. I’ll always appreciate and respect his efforts on the pitch as a player, but to what extent?

22 May 2009 at 19:26

@Grognard: I wouldn’t go as FAR as the Heads on Spikes parade Grog 😯 😆 😆 😆 .

22 May 2009 at 19:33

@Craig Mc: It’s hard to say about Nani mate. As an outsider looking in, I can’t help but feel at times that Nani’s silence can also be interpreted as a player who has thrown in the towel and given up. A player that hasn’t got the fire or heart to fight or demand more playing time.

I know for a fact in my amateur playing days and in my time coaching basketball that I always felt that I wanted players to demand playing time of me and that I would consider a player who quietly sits on the bench and says nothing as a player not hungry enough and not sure enough of his abilities to take on the challenge. Others might see him as a team player and one who accepts his role with class and dignity and does not cause trouble. It’s all in how you see it. To be honest, I feel that from where I am looking, Nani has lost his mojo. He has zero confidence left and he has accepted his role as an end of the bench player. It’s all in the body language. Quiet, hanging his head a lot and showing no emotion.

I would love for him to prove me wrong because like you, I love to see him play, but I feel that he sees his role on this team as a forlorn hope and that he needs a new team to reinvigorate the desire, passion and skill inside of him. In this one case I can honestly say I think Fergie has erred. But then again, maybe the Gaffer knows something we don’t. What do you think bro?

22 May 2009 at 19:38

@Craig Mc: Harmless? Ronny throws a fit better than anyone and stay clear of him when he tries to throw track suits around.
    And Anderson reminds me of a raging Rhino when he runs. Put horns on him and he could hurt somebody. As for Nani, he hurts us with his not playing. Psychological pain is what he is about. 😀

22 May 2009 at 19:40

@Nino: So sorry Nino Bro, my S is too near my Z on my computer keyboard 😉 😆 .

22 May 2009 at 19:44

@Craig Mc: The Dippers are not going to pay anywhere near that amount Bro. It doesn’t matter if they sell ten players. You don’t sell ten players so that you can buy one. The reason they were able to stay with us this year and compete was because they had depth. Maybe not as great in quality as our depth but depth nonetheless. You cannot win anymore unless you have depth. Big teams are playing over 55 games a season and many like us play over 60 games. To count on you main eleven and a few subs is suicidal. Tevez alone cannot replace the numerous bodies he would be replacing in a long drawn out schedule.

Nope, they will not offer more than 20 million for him. If anybody is stupid enough to pay more, it will out of Spain or possibly Inter. Rafa is an asshole but he isn’t exactly thinking of fielding a total team of under 20 men just so that he can afford to pay a bloated and ridiculous price for a Dirk Kuyt wannabe. And that’s exactly what Tevez is. He is Dirk Kuyt. Because like him or hate him, Kuyt has had a great year and has been far more prolific in scoring than Tevez while working just as hard.

27. Darth Red Diablo

22 May 2009 at 19:52

Did i mention?????
    @Dan:
    Dan is someone who wanks of to old Dutch keepers wearing white new shirts…..
    hahahahahaha
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 😈 😈

28. Dan

22 May 2009 at 19:55

@Grognard: dont forget the serbian mafia, off tosic and adem.

Vidic doesnt count, he could be the entire serbian army if he wanted to.

Being serious, i totally agree with what your saying, and i hope park is punished and disciplined on the grounds of blatant stupidity!

29. Dan

22 May 2009 at 19:58

@Darth Red Diablo: that kit is wankable and you know it! 😮

30. Darth Red Diablo

22 May 2009 at 20:02

@Dan: Hahaha… I LOVE the new home kit…. specially ronalo in the poster….
    I’m gonna get it the day it comes out!

22 May 2009 at 20:26

@Grognard: Bro do you have MUTV? Because if you had, you would know that Nani has spoken out about his hunger to make it at Manchester United. His disappointment at not getting the playing time he had last year. His extra training session when most others are gone, trying to improve his game, and letting Fergie know he wants to play for Man United. Fergie himself has said PUBLICALLY that Nani WILL definately get more playing time next season, and that he will be alright at the club. Fergie says, the only reason he hasn’t got the time Fergie would have liked him to have, is because Park has found his form this time round. Nani is in exactly the same position that Fletcher has been in and O’Shea in the past seasons, but THEY BOTH WAITED PATIENTLY for their chance at OT. Had they lost their MoJo, NO. Did they lack heart – NO. They just loved the club, and were prepared to SAY NOTHING, (unlike Tevez, Heinze, Ruud etc), and now they got their chance and are smiling. Nani’s situation, like Fletch’s and Sheasy’s before him, does not infer LACK OF HEART, but patient waiting for opportunity with a great club like ours, to get your chance. Fergie said Nani does not need to worry, HE WILL FEATURE more next season. Yes I feel that he would benefit from getting more regular football at other clubs. Villa, Everton, Spurs and Inter Milan all want him, but like Fletch and Sheasy he has fallen in love with Our club. When I saw this interview, it softened my attitude a bit, because yes I wanted the lad to leave, 2 fingers to Man United and go show what he could do with another club. Trust me, he would do a lot! But the lad loves Man United, and Fergie has promised he will feature more next year, so lets see if Fergie is true to his word 🙂 .

22 May 2009 at 20:30

@Dan: Dan are you a slave to your male hormones Bro, because WANK seems to be your most frequently used word of late 😉 😆 .

22 May 2009 at 20:34

@Grognard: 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

34. Dan

22 May 2009 at 20:54

@Dan: 😆 😆 😆

22 May 2009 at 22:39

@Darth Red Diablo: The new kick blows monkey chunks. It’s the worst frakken kit in all football. What is this 1933? It’s butt ugly. 🙄

22 May 2009 at 22:44

@Craig Mc: Sorry mate but that’s only wishful thinking. How does Fergie plan to find more time for him when he has Park, Tosic and now he wants to buy Valencia too? I don’t think so. I think he is playing with the lad. Nani may have the right attitude but it isn’t working in terms of getting him some real playing time. Bottom line is the new style that we are playing this season does not suit Nani’s style of play like last season’s style did. And that tells me that there is no room for poor Nanl in the future, unless he is content to pull slivers out of his behind from sitting at the end of the bench. Nice little player but the wrong fit for the club now that they play a plodding slow pragmatic game that requires more tracking back and defensive duties than he is used to.

22 May 2009 at 22:46

@Darth Red Diablo: OOPS! I said the new kick, when I meant to say the new kit blows monkey chunks. Sorry. Sometimes I type faster than I can think. 😳

22 May 2009 at 23:07

@Grognard: Well Sheasy and Fletch got their opportunity eventually, and if Nani doesn’t AFTER Fergie publically promised he would, then Fergie will be proven to me a BIG TIME LIAR. So we will see. I believe you are wrong on this Grog, like you were wrong on your prophesies on the results you stated in several of our games, and which I got right on each occasion – if I remember correctly 😉 😆 , SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE WILL see who is right on this one. Until then, I will bide my time, and wait until we see who is right this time 😆 .

39. Diatus

22 May 2009 at 23:33

TO THE AUTHOR:

I am sad to see that you’ve decided to start your article with these gruesome images that have nothing to do football. Our president, Laporta and Barcelona Execs had absolutely nothing to do with this dictator’s horrible acts, if he indeed perpetrated them. So, your attempt to mask your real objective, by adding the link to this article about a football match is very amateurish and simply lame; it almost borders intellectual dishonesty.

TO YOU MAN U AND EPL FANS:

I have a lot of respect for your team and its historied past but you are very wrong in qualify the type of football, we at Barcelona play, as boring.
    Your sense of entitlement seriously rubs me the wrong way and I just wish that we could talk about the game and the way it is played for better or for worse.

First, we all have to agree that football is defined differently in England than it is in Spain or any other country. British football is simply an extension of the British male’s model of world:rough, unsophisticated (they do not find it necessary,having a stiff upper lip in British society is a GREAT virtue), resilient, goal or mission driven.Indeed, the ultimate goal in British football is to WIN. Henceforth, form matters very little to you in this endeavor.One can hardly argue this point nowadays because of the foreign presence in the league but the basic understanding of the game persisted and still remains. This fact is very obvious when you watch the EPL. Play is almost always vertical and that explains the long balls from either L/R backs and Centerbacks into the opponent’s central defense. Play is, therefore, shortened and form is somewhat lost because patterns are senseless during this exercise.

On the other hand,If you look at Holland, Spain,France,Brazil,Mexico and even Germany, you find different patterns of movement from players than you would find in England. Wenger’s Arsenal is the only team I can see attempt to play football the way the rest of the world does.

Now, is it a bad thing to be different? no! but I refuse to have anyone from Manchester United tell me that I am wrong for wanting to see football with all its intricacies: completed cycles of play both horizontally and vertically. The EPL sells itself short by mostly relying on force and speed to score goals rather than technical superiority,which is what Barcelona is all about.It is rare to see goals in the EPL that are team goals,you will find a few exceptions,but not enough!

Furthermore, just to emphasize the point, I remember, just this season, Real Madrid taking a lot of flack from their “own” newspaper, MARCA, for winning without sparkle after a fantastic streak of wins. It just goes to show how important that aspect of the game is to true football fanatics because those are the things we remember long after the game is over, long after players retire and long after trophies are placed in museums.

I remember Jean Amadou Tigana because he was elegant in the way he looked for either Platini, Giresse or Papin or Fernandez; I remember Roger Mendy because he showed the way forward in his team’s offensive effort; I remember Fernando Redondo because he was elegant within the context of his team’s architectural scheme, I remember Battistuta because he fit within his team and was in charge of completing Argentina’s offensive cycle of play…All these players and teams are remembered because they belonged to teams or simply agreed to follow the process of building, troubleshooting, moving for and with, and proding play. This aspect of the game is why I, like the majority of football fans watch the game, not the EPL’s “kick it upfield, bump into one another, and you might get a goal philosophy”. If I really wanted to just see this somewhat brute and almost “animal” athleticism then I could have simply chosen American football or rugby!!!

We are not weak for wanting something different from what the EPL has to offer, we are simply smarter about our football.

40. Darth Red Diablo

23 May 2009 at 08:01

@Grognard: Dude! The Kit is AwesOME!!!!

23 May 2009 at 18:20

@Darth Red Diablo: Dude…..Do do challenge your master in the dark arts? 😈 👿 😉

23 May 2009 at 18:21

@Darth Red Diablo: Dude…..Do do challenge your master and the Dark Side? 😈 👿 😉

43. Darth Red Diablo

23 May 2009 at 20:08

@Grognard: IT is time my master! I am ready…..
    Buahahahahahaha…..
    Prepare to be defeated….
    Old Emperor who likes kits of the 90’s!!!!
    Buahahahahaha 😈 😈 😈 😆

24 May 2009 at 03:29

@Darth Red Diablo: I like kits of the 90’s? That’s sweet when you are full of praise for a kit that looks like it was inspired from the movie “Victory”, which if you were not aware was about a football game between Allied POW’s vs Germans in World War 2. The kit looks God awful and is an abomination when it comes to modern design. So give me a break young and obviously blind apprentice. 🙄 😀