Jose Mourinho is keen for Manchester United to seal the proposed £53 million deal to bring Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred by next week, according to reports.
The boss is looking to replace the retiring Michael Carrick and Marouane Fellaini expected to leave this month.
Jose also knows he needs to strengthen our team in order to compete with Manchester City in the Premier League title race next season, as well as competing in the latter stages of the Champions League.
We have emerged as the favourites to sign Fred, seemingly seeing off competition from Manchester City, with the Manchester Evening News reporting that we have been in advanced negotiations to sign the Brazilian international in recent weeks.
Reports from TeamTalk now claim that a proposed £53 million deal is close to being completed. However, nothing has been finalised yet and now it appears Jose is growing impatient.
The report cites the Sun who say Jose Mourinho has told United officials to seal a deal to sign Fred next week or exit negotiations and move onto other targets.
Fred has previously said he will wait until the conclusion of the World Cup to decide on his future but it appears that Jose Mourinho won’t be so patient.
The 25-year-old will be in the North West this weekend as Brazil prepare for the World Cup with a friendly at Anfield on Sunday. This could be an opportunity for us to confirm the transfer whilst he’s in the country.
Fred impressed for Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League this past season and could be an excellent addition to our midfield to support Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic in our midfield three.
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe now seriously considering buying minority Manchester United stake
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash