Manchester United travel to the capital on Wednesday evening to take on Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium.
We start the midweek fixture list 12 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City and three points ahead of Chelsea.
Tottenham Hotspur are currently in fifth position, eight points behind us and manager Mauricio Pochettino may see this as a must-win game as a resul.
Speaking to MUTV on Monday, Jose Mourinho said that the North London club are one of the top teams in the country with some of the best players. He said:
“I was at Wembley for Tottenham versus Chelsea and I had that feeling that Wembley is Spurs’ home, because it was full of their supporters,” said the manager. “I am used to going to Wembley when it is 50/50 with supporters, so it was the first time I went like that. It is an amazing stadium and one for us to enjoy.
“Spurs are one of the top teams in the country. Not a title contender because they are too far away. But I say honestly they are a Champions League contender, they can reach that level. They have some of the best players in the country, a very good manager and a very difficult opponent.
“It is a really big game. The difference between us and Spurs is seven or eight points, but the reality is they are a top team in terms of their quality and ambitions, and a team of our level, so it is a big match.”
Tottenham Hotspur won their Champions League group this season, which included both Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. Pochettino’s side are set to face Italian champions Juventus in the second round.
Striker Harry Kane is currently the Premier League’s top scorer with 21 goals already this season – three more than Mohamed Salah in second and averaging a goal every 93 minutes. Our defence will have a tough game up against the Englishman, especially whilst Eric Bailly is sidelined. The Ivorian had Kane in his pocket during our 1-0 victory in the reverse fixture back in October.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup