Manchester United are expected to have another busy transfer window this summer as we look to challenge for the Premier League title and Champions League next season.
Since the close of the winter transfer window at the end of January we have been linked to a number of players ahead of making a move for them this summer.
One player whose name has been thrown around a lot is Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos.
The German is a regular in Zinedine Zidane’s midfield but having won the Champions League twice and La Liga once during his time at the Santiago Bernabeu, and the German Bundesliga three times and the Champions League once at Bayern Munich, the 28-year-old may be looking for a new challenge.
Spanish outlet Don Balon are now reporting that Manchester United are the favourites to land the 2014 World Cup winner this summer.
They go on to say that Jose Mourinho is ‘willing to do anything’ to bring Toni Kroos to Old Trafford.
Jose is believed to be a long-term admirer of the Real Madrid midfielder and is keen to get a move pushed through. and the Portuguese coach is looking to put pressure on Real Madrid club president Florentino Perez to sell, according to the report.
Having switched predominately to a 4-3-3 formation since the arrival of Alexis Sanchez we will be signing a central midfielder or two this summer for sure. We currently have six options there but one is Michael Carrick, who is retiring over the summer, and the other is Marouane Fellaini who looks set to let his contract expire at the end of the season.
Toni Kroos would be an excellent signing for us given his passing ability and how he can run the show from midfield. Although the German star doesn’t get involved in too many goals he’s certainly involved in a lot of the build-up. Don Balon are reporting that the price would be €50 million (£43.7m) which you cannot argue with in today’s market.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd