Manchester City are set to host Manchester United in under three hours’ time in the first derby of the season.
The Citizens are set to drop to second before kick off with Liverpool currently beating Fulham at Anfield, and would drop to third should Chelsea beat Everton at Stamford Bridge before we kick off.
We head into the match nine points before our rivals needing a win to get back into the title race and keep in touch with the top four. Both sides were in action in the Champions League midweek – we were 2-1 winners at Juventus whilst City thrashed Shakhtar Donetsk 6-0.
Speaking ahead of today’s match at the Etihad, Jose Mourinho heaped praise of Manchester City’s all-time top goalscorer, Sergio Aguero.
Speaking to Sky Sports, Jose said:
“I admire him because of his fantastic qualities. There are little things in his game that I am not a big fan of, but the numbers speak by themselves. The number of goals he scores.
“It is not about scoring for one season, it is about scoring goals in your career. It is about scoring goals in a different league, like the Spanish league. Clearly he is a goalscorer all over the world.”
Sergio Aguero has scored 150 goals in 217 Premier League appearances for Manchester City since joining in a £38 million deal from Atletico Madrid in 2011.
The Argentine has scored eight goals in nine previous appearances against us and will no doubt be their focal point later this afternoon. Pep Guardiola’s side have won nine of their 11 Premier League games this season, drawing the other two.
We were 3-2 winners in this fixture back in April, delaying City’s title confirmation as we came from two down with help of a brace from Paul Pogba.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup