Manchester United ran out comfortable 4-0 winners over Yeovil Town in the fourth round of this season’s FA Cup on Friday.
A goal from Marcus Rashford in the first half was followed up by second half strikes from Ander Herrera and substitutes Jesse Lingard and Romelu Lukaku in a professional performance from Jose Mourinho’s side.
Victory at Huish Park puts our name safely in the hat for the fifth round draw on Monday.
The game saw Alexis Sanchez make his Manchester United debut from the start, playing down the left wing in a 4-3-3 formation.
Monday’s arrival from Arsenal put in a man of the match performance in terrorising the League Two side’s defence, creating several chances and generally running the show.
Speaking to the BBC after the game, Jose Mourinho had this to say about his new signing:
“Alexis Sanchez is a fantastic addition, everyone is happy that he comes. Good players want good players. The question is always which one is going to be left out, it is not about that for us.”
The boss went on to praise our attacking unit in general and the Chilean’s maturity:
“We have a fantastic group of attacking players and he is another one with more maturity and experience. His choice for the second goal is a choice that a player like Marcus Rashford is too nervous to make that kind of decision. He brings maturity and class.”
We are next in action on Wednesday evening when we travel to Wembley Stadium to face Tottenham Hotspur. Sanchez is set to make his Premier League debut for us against a team he scored against in a 2-0 victory for Arsenal back in November.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup