Manchester United were beaten 1-0 at Newcastle United this afternoon, leaving us 16 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City.
This result gives Liverpool and Chelsea the opportunity to close the gap on us in second place when they play later this weekend.
There was much controversy surrounding Paul Pogba before kickoff as he appeared to pull up with a hamstring injury 15 minutes before the start of the game. The French star went into the tunnel before his teammates after speaking to coach Rui Faria.
Pogba didn’t look like himself during the game as he trod around the pitch ineffectively before being replaced on 65 minutes immediately after Matt Ritchie’s winning goal. Michael Carrick replaced the record signing in what was the 36-year-old’s first Premier League appearance of the season.
Speaking to Sky Sports after the game, Jose Mourinho played down any injury to the midfielder, simply saying:
Jose Mourinho also played down any injury claims last weekend when Paul Pogba started on the bench in our 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player