Manchester United are without five players for our trip to Newcastle United this afternoon.
It had already been confirmed that Eric Bailly, Daley Blind and Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be absent.
Speaking ahead of our 14:15 kickoff at St James’ Park this afternoon, Jose Mourinho was able to add two more names to that list.
The boss confirmed that both Marcus Rashford and Ander Herrera are missing out of today’s squad due to injuries.
However, Mourinho doesn’t expect either to be serious, saying:
“I don’t think so, but let’s wait a little bit,” he added. “When it’s little tweaks in muscles you never know until you know for sure, but it’s not possible for them to play today.”
It comes as a real shame to Marcus Rashford in particular as the 20-year-old had appeared in every game in all competitions for us this season.
Newcastle start the game in the relegation zone following Huddersfield Town’s 4-1 win over Bournemouth earlier today.
Meanwhile Ander Herrera had not been expected to start, though the Spaniard would most likely have been named among the substitutes with a good chance of making a second half appearance. Instead, Michael Carrick and Scott McTominay are on the bench for today’s trip to St James’ Park.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup