Ander Herrera has had limited opportunities in the starting lineup at Manchester United this season, leading to speculation that the Spaniard could be sold this summer.
Prior to our 1-0 loss at Brighton & Hove Albion on Friday night the 28-year-old had started three consecutive games for us including a man of the match performance in our FA Cup semi-final win over Tottenham Hotspur.
However, Herrera is heading into the final 12 months of his contract at Old Trafford with no reports that we are set to offer him a new deal in the near future.
This could be set to change as the Independent (via the Metro) are now claiming that Ander Herrera has regained the trust of his manager at Manchester United.
The report goes on to say that Jose Mourinho has been pleased by the midfielder correctly following instructions in recent weeks.
Ander Herrera has made only 12 Premier League starts for us this season as well as a further dozen appearances from the substitutes bench. This despite being our Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year last season.
The boss switched to a 4-3-3 on a permanent basis at the end of January following the signing of Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal. Herrera, Scott McTominay and Marouane Fellaini had been rotated into the starting lineup one at a time to partner Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba in the middle of the park.
With Michael Carrick retiring at the end of the season and Marouane Fellaini expected to let his contract run down I really wouldn’t expect us to sell Ander Herrera over the summer. Therefore it’s excellent news that Jose has won back the trust of the Spaniard.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup