Manchester United are expected to be busy in the transfer window again this summer as Jose Mourinho prepares to build a team to compete for the Premier League and Champions League next season.
As well as players coming in many are expected to leave too. Michael Carrick is set for retirement and Marouane Fellaini is expected to let his contract run out at the end of this season. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Jose Mourinho moved a couple of our defenders on either.
In terms of players joining Manchester United before next season, the Express are reporting that the boss has given Ed Woodward three positions that he wants players signed this summer.
As Victor Lindelof hasn’t worked out since his transfer last summer and that neither Chris Smalling or Phil Jones appear to be in Jose’s long-term plans, we have been linked to a number of centre-backs. It seems likely we’re going to find a new partner for Eric Bailly this summer.
The Express understand that we are interested in both Barcelona’s Samuel Umtiti and Tottenham Hotspur’s Toby Alderweireld. Nothing new here.
Another defensive position the boss hasn’t been satisfied on is at left-back. Luke Shaw has regularly been linked with a move away from Old Trafford whilst Ashley Young has predominately played in this role this season. He’ll be 33 before the start of next season and is naturally a winger.
Daley Blind, Marcos Rojo and Matteo Darmian have all been tried and tested in this position but it seems Jose is going to sign a new left-back this summer instead. The Express have mentioned Juventus’ Alex Sandro and Tottenham’s Danny Rose as two potential replacements.
The most obvious position we’ll need to sign is in central midfield. The report says we could sign as many as three in this position. It mentions Real Madrid duo Toni Kroos and Luka Modric as well as Nice’s Jean Seri as possible signings here.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player