Manchester United were held 0-0 by West Ham United at the London Stadium on Thursday evening.
The result guaranteed us second spot with a game at home to Watford in hand on Sunday.
Luke Shaw came the closest to scoring for either side when his effort early in the first half was tipped onto the post and away by West Ham goalkeeper Adrian.
At the other end of the pitch David de Gea had a very quiet and comfortable game, as he has had on a number of occasions this season. The Spaniard picked up his 18th clean sheet in 37 Premier League matches in the process.
As a result of the clean sheet in the capital this evening the Manchester United goalkeeper and Sir Matt Busby Player of the Season award winner also confirmed the Premier League Golden Glove award for the most clean sheets in the league. It is the first time de Gea has won the award.
When asked about our goalkeeper winning the award during his post-match interview, Jose Mourinho passed credit onto the whole of our defence. The boss told MUTV:
“Yes, he [David de Gea] has been terrific but the Golden Glove is about the team and it’s not about somebody analysing the goalkeeper and deciding this is the best goalkeeper in the Premier League. It’s about the clean sheets and the clean sheets are about the team, so obviously we are all very happy for that, in relation to David but it’s a team achievement.”
Jose Mourinho went with a back three that compromised of Victor Lindelof, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling this evening.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations