Anthony Martial’s future at Manchester United has come under serious question over the past couple of months, particularly after we signed Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal in January.
The 22-year-old has made only 18 starts in the Premier League this season heading into our penultimate game at West Ham United this evening as he faces competition from both Sanchez and Marcus Rashford for a starting berth down the left flank.
When he has played Martial has been productive, scoring nine goals and recording five assists in his 30 Premier League appearances in all.
However, it seems that Jose Mourinho doesn’t want to keep the French international around for too long as Italian outlet Tuttosport (via the Daily Star) are today claiming that the boss has given the all clear for Manchester United to offload Martial this summer.
The report goes on to say that the player and manager have had several fallouts during the campaign, with one instance being severe. The Daily Star states that Jose called out the forward in front of the whole squad after our 2-0 loss at Tottenham Hotspur at the end of January.
Following our game at West Ham this evening we finish the 2017-18 Premier League season at home to Watford on Sunday. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Anthony Martial gets a start in the season finale as Jose will likely rest our key players with the following weekend’s FA Cup final against Chelsea in mind.
- Jadon Sancho reunion would be appealing for Borussia Dortmund but there are reservations
- Manchester United to assess fitness of three players ahead of their Premier League clash with Crystal Palace
- Daley Blind sends warning to Man Utd midfielder Donny van de Beek
- Man United plan contract talks for rising star Hannibal Mejbri
- Sofyan Amrabat only wanted Man Utd this summer, eyes permanent stay
- Roy Keane sends message to Jadon Sancho after Man Utd exile
- Manchester United’s under-21s suffer 8-1 thrashing against Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have fresh solution at left-back with Sofyan Amrabat
- Alejandro Garnacho reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s performance against Crystal Palace
- Casemiro delivers masterclass performance against Crystal Palace in Carabao Cup