Manchester United were 4-1 winners over Fulham at Old Trafford in the Premier League on Saturday.
The result moved us up to sixth in the table, seven points outside of the Champions League places whilst Chelsea-Manchester City is in-play and before Tottenham Hotspur kick off at Leicester City later this evening.
In what was an excellent team performance today, Ashley Young, Juan Mata, Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford all got among the goalscorers.
19-year-old Diogo Dalot made his second Premier League start earlier this afternoon, whilst Marcos Rojo, Fred and Scott McTominay all got a rare run out in the second half.
We’re in action at Valencia on Wednesday night in the Champions League. We have already qualified for the second round of the competition with a game to spare but with a long shot of winning the group. Though that would require Juventus failing to beat Young Boys.
Therefore the boss will have little more in mind than to give a number of players a run out in Spain. Speaking in a post-match interview following today’s victory, the boss has already confirmed one youngster who will face Valencia midweek. Jose told MUTV:
“Yeah, we need too. We go to Valencia, there are people that need to rest, there are people that need to play. It’s a question of trust, a question of justice too, so if I say Romelu Lukaku plays, obviously he deserves to play. If I say a kid that is working every day like a tiger and is not playing much like Andreas Pereira is going to have a start, I’m going to make changes in the team, because we managed to qualify.”
Andreas Pereira was an unused substitute against Fulham on Saturday and last featured on 20 October in the final six minutes of our 2-2 draw at Chelsea.
However, Jose Mourinho has confirmed that the 22-year-old has been working hard every day for a place in the team and it appears he’ll be a chance against the side he spent last season on loan.
The one-time Brazilian international played the final 15 minutes of our 3-0 win at Young Boys to start the group and has made four Premier League appearances (2 starts) for us this season.
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs
- Erik ten Hag wants Cody Gakpo at Manchester United