Ahead of Manchester United’s trip to Burnley tomorrow Jose Mourinho has given a team news and injury update.
We have started the New Year with three victories to nil whilst Burnley head into tomorrow’s clash on a three-game losing streak in all competitions.
The boss today confirmed both Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are still recovering from injuries and therefore will not feature at Turf Moor tomorrow.
However, Daley Blind picked up a knock in training earlier today. The Dutch defender has not featured much lately and with Ashley Young back from suspension I cannot see Blind being involved in tomorrow’s matchday squad anyway.
The boss confirmed the news to MUTV:
“Nothing new to report. Just a little problem with Daley in training today. It is an injury but nothing really important. Apart from that, Eric and Zlatan are still recovering. Everyone else is fit and good.”
Captain Antonio Valencia returned for Monday night’s 3-0 thrashing of Stoke City, even scoring the opening goal himself. The Ecuadorian is fully fit to start tomorrow’s game and Jose had the following praise to give our right-back:
“He is our captain, he is what I call a silent leader because he doesn’t make a lot of noise or talk. But on the pitch he shows that experience, he shows that stability, that desire to win and the goal with the left foot was a miracle. But his performances are not a miracle at all. He is a very good player.”
When asked for an update on Henrikh Mkhitryan, Mourinho said he will not feature in tomorrow’s game:
“No, not selected but in very good condition, training really well, and in perfect condition like the others.”
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is expected to sign for Arsenal in the coming days with Alexis Sanchez going in the opposite direction to Old Trafford. The Armenian was left also out of the squad for last Monday’s game against Stoke as a result.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player