Diogo Dalot made his full Premier League debut last Wednesday in our 2-2 draw with Arsenal before making his second start for Manchester United as part of the side that thrashed Fulham 4-1 on Saturday.
The 19-year-old has looked excellent in both performances; not allowing any players to get in behind him and keeping Ryan Sessegnon quiet for 90 minutes.
Going forward, the Portuguese youngster has also found space down the right wing and put some teasing crosses into the box. It’s just a matter of time before he starts registering some assists with the crossing ability he has.
Speaking to MUTV after our comfortable victory over Fulham this weekend, Jose Mourinho has been heaping praise on his fellow countryman.
The boss believes that Dalot has all the makings of being held in the same regard as United legend Gary Neville. Jose said:
“Everybody knows that he has fantastic potential.
“I don’t want to compare, especially not the number of titles but he is probably the same age as Gary Neville when he came into the first team. Probably he can follow Neville in this dynamic of more than 10 years as United’s right-back, with amazing conditions to improve, because as I was saying he’s 19 years old.”
Gary Neville too made his Premier League debut as a 19-year-old. He went on to make 400 Premier League appearances for us, winning the league eight times before calling it a day in 2011.
Whether Diogo Dalot goes on to become a legend such as Gary Neville, we’ll have to a wait a decade or maybe two…
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal