In today’s press conference Louis Van Gaal revealed that Phil Jones is the latest to hand in his sick note, taking United’s total number of injuries to nine.
“Fellaini is more than a month away, Jones maybe three weeks or a month,” said Van Gaal.
“Carrick isn’t ready but has run for the first time on grass.”
“Johnstone has elbow problems, Smalling isn’t fit enough, Wilson and James are not ready yet. Young and Lingard are also injured,” added the United manager.
The boss had some positive news, claiming that Luke Shaw is fit and will be able to make his debut on Sunday.
It is unclear whether United will still continue with three in defence on Sunday or whether it will be a four man back line, throwing new signings Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind in at the deep end.
Regardless, it must be questioned what on earth is going on in the fitness department at United.
Will Dawson Follow @William__Dawson
- Man Utd have their eyes on Dusan Vlahovic, Juventus open to selling him
- Man Utd interested in signing Andre Onana, Inter could sell him for €40-50m
- Erik ten Hag could unleash Alejandro Garnacho vs Man City after Antony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd’s next striker: Three stars on the radar
- FA Cup final preview: Manchester City vs Manchester United – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Major blow for Manchester United with Anthony Martial set to miss FA Cup final against Man City
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United