Manchester United youngster Joe Hugill is expected to sign a new contract with the club.
According to Laurie Whitwell of The Athletic, the Red Devils have offered a three-year deal to the 17-year old in a bid to keep him at the club.
The starlet has attracted the attention of United’s hierarchy since he joined the club from Sunderland in the summer of 2020.
Hugill enjoyed a marvellous season where he surpassed all the expectations.
He featured in five games for the United under-18s, amassing an impressive tally of six goals and one assist.
The young striker proved to be even better when he was fast-tracked to play for under-23s.
In 18 Premier League 2 appearances, he scored 10 goals and produced two assists.
These are stellar numbers for a player who was signed as a 16-year old, expecting to play just a few games and earn vital experience.
His most prominent outing came against the arch-rivals Liverpool when he scored four goals to help the Red Devils record a 6-3 away win.
At this tender age, Hugill needs to keep working hard and focus on his development.
Hugill will be part of the first team in pre-season, highlighting how highly thought of he is at the club.
If Hugill displays a similar form in the coming season, we may see him making his first-team bow very soon.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow