Manchester United youngster Joe Hugill is expected to sign a new contract with the club.
According to Laurie Whitwell of The Athletic, the Red Devils have offered a three-year deal to the 17-year old in a bid to keep him at the club.
The starlet has attracted the attention of United’s hierarchy since he joined the club from Sunderland in the summer of 2020.
Hugill enjoyed a marvellous season where he surpassed all the expectations.
He featured in five games for the United under-18s, amassing an impressive tally of six goals and one assist.
The young striker proved to be even better when he was fast-tracked to play for under-23s.
In 18 Premier League 2 appearances, he scored 10 goals and produced two assists.
These are stellar numbers for a player who was signed as a 16-year old, expecting to play just a few games and earn vital experience.
His most prominent outing came against the arch-rivals Liverpool when he scored four goals to help the Red Devils record a 6-3 away win.
At this tender age, Hugill needs to keep working hard and focus on his development.
Hugill will be part of the first team in pre-season, highlighting how highly thought of he is at the club.
If Hugill displays a similar form in the coming season, we may see him making his first-team bow very soon.
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham