Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix is back in the spotlight of Manchester United ahead of the January transfer window, Spanish outlet Cadena SER report.
The Portuguese ace was heavily linked with the Red Devils during the last transfer window and it was claimed that they failed with a €125 million offer to sign him.
Felix has since endured a difficult campaign with the Madrid giants, but this has not stopped the continuous speculation linking him with the Red Devils.
It is now reported that he is ‘back in the spotlight’ of United and the club could call Atletico in ‘a matter of weeks’ to discuss a fresh proposal for the 23-year-old.
Furthermore, it is said that United’s winter bid would be ‘substantially less than’ last summer.
Man Utd unlikely to sign Felix in January
United made a huge outlay of over €250 million to sign six players over the summer. Football director John Murtough has since ruled out a similar kind of spending.
On top of this, Murtough clarified that the club are focusing their rebuild during summer transfer windows. Hence, we don’t see United spending on Felix in January.
A realistic option could be a loan deal with an option to buy.
The Portuguese has immense potential in him, but has yet to live up to the high expectations. A tally of three goals and three assists from 17 games this season is far from impressive.
As a result, his Transfermarkt value has drastically dipped to €50m this month and in our opinion, United should stay away from him unless Atletico accept an initial loan deal.
If United have plans to spend big on an attacking player, the focus should be on PSV’s Cody Gakpo, who is in the form of his life at the moment. He was valued at €50m last summer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January