According to the Express, Jerome Boateng wants to make a move to Manchester United.
The 32-year-old is currently a free agent after his contract expired at Bayern Munich.
However, he is reportedly keen to make a ‘dream’ move to Old Trafford.
Boateng started his senior career at Hertha Berlin before signing for Hamburger SV in 2007.
He established himself as a regular member of the team, helping the German outfit reach two Europa League semi-finals.
After a short stint at Manchester City, the 32-year-old joined Bayern in 2011.
Since he arrived at the Allianz Arena, he lifted two Champions League trophies and nine Bundesliga titles.
The experienced centre-back clocked up 363 appearances across all competitions for Bayern, bagging 10 goals and 25 assists.
United are set to sign Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane as a partner for Harry Maguire in the heart of the defence.
Both are exceptional defenders who are expected to strengthen United’s backline.
The Red Devils have Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly to cover for the pair in case of injury.
Phil Jones is also set to return from an extensive lay-off.
Boateng boasts plenty of Bundesliga and Champions League experience with Bayern.
However, he is now close to 33-years-old and doesn’t look an appealing option for United.
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham