Bayer Leverkusen defender Jeremie Frimpong has said that he has yet to decide on his future amid the increasing transfer interest from Manchester United.
The Red Devils are likely to bolster the right-back department this summer and they have already held ‘positive’ talks with Frimpong’s representative over a transfer.
A formal bid could be made in the coming weeks but Frimpong continues to remain coy over his future.
Speaking to Sport 1 (via Fussball Transfers), he said: “I don’t know when I will decide on my future. I’m just concentrating on Leverkusen and the upcoming games.”
Frimpong would suit Erik ten Hag’s playing style
Diogo Dalot was Ten Hag’s preferred right-back before the World Cup break but Aaron Wan-Bissaka has received more minutes since the turn of the year.
In our view, Frimpong would suit the manager with his brilliant all-round attributes.
The 22-year-old has been in stellar form with eight goals and nine assists in 38 games. He has also won an impressive 1.7 tackles and 6.7 duels per appearance.
If Frimpong arrives at United, Wan-Bissaka looks the likely candidate to head for the exit door, considering the Red Devils are in advanced contract talks with Dalot
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Sofascore.com
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley