French defender Jean-Clair Todibo is currently unsettled at Nice amid transfer interest from Manchester United, according to Nice-Matin (today’s edition).
The Red Devils have been linked with the centre-back on several occasions this month, and L’Equipe recently claimed that he is close to joining the club.
It is now reported that the former Barcelona man is ‘unsettled’ at the Ligue 1 outfit, considering the fluctuating interest from Erik ten Hag’s side.
A move to Old Trafford is an unlikely prospect at the moment, but there is an ‘uncertainty’ over his future heading into the final days of the transfer window.
United’s move for Todibo depends on Maguire’s exit
The Red Devils were interested in signing Bayern Munich’s Benjamin Pavard earlier this month, but their plans were scuppered by Harry Maguire’s decision to stay.
As a result, they could not follow up their interest in Pavard. Inter have now agreed a deal in principle to sign him, but Bayern won’t sell without a replacement.
Meanwhile, United have identified Todibo as the alternate option. It was recently reported that Ten Hag has spoken with the Frenchman regarding the project.
Todibo also appears keen on making the move, but a transfer is unlikely to materialise unless Maguire leaves the club on a permanent deal in the coming days.
With Financial Fair Play issues to deal with, United’s hands are tied at the moment. They need funds from Maguire’s sale to afford Todibo, who is valued at €40 million.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling