Jamie Carragher took to social media platform X to mock Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana following his underwhelming performance in their 3-2 defeat to Galatasaray on Tuesday night.
Man United were looking for their first win in the Champions League this season having lost 4-3 to Bayern Munich in their opening game of the group stage.
Rasmus Hojlund put them ahead after 17 minutes, but Wilfried Zaha drew the visitors level six minutes later.
Hojlund restored the hosts’ lead 22 minutes into the second half, but their advantage lasted just four minutes.
Man United had their woes compounded after Casemiro was sent off in the 77th minute for denying the visitors a goalscoring chance and picking up a second booking.
However, Onana was to blame after his pass was intercepted, giving Galatasaray a chance to score.
Mauro Icardi failed to find the back of the net from the subsequent penalty but finally scored three minutes later, chipping Onana.
The Cameroon international did not cover himself in glory at Old Trafford, and Carragher did not waste time to aim a dig at him.
Onana is yet to impress with his saves or ball-playing abilities since joining Man United from Inter Milan in the summer, and it is safe to say the fans are disappointed with the rookie mistakes he has made.
He was at fault for the defeat against Bayern and could not redeem himself against the Turkish club tonight.
The 27-year-old has kept three clean sheets in ten games across all competitions, conceding 18 goals in the process.
He has not been good enough and will need to start doing better if Man United want to finish in the top four and challenge for major silverware.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action