Nottingham Forest are closing in on a deal to re-sign Manchester United midfielder James Garner on loan, according to The Athletic.
Garner spent the second half of last season on loan with the Championship club, scoring four goals in 20 appearances.
Forest manager Chris Hughton was full of admiration for the United player and praised the maturity he had developed at such a young age.
Often dubbed as the next Michael Carrick, Garner is considered to have a bright future at Old Trafford.
However, given the current situation at the club, the 20-year-old will find it difficult to earn some game time.
Stoke City and Derby County were the other clubs who had shown interest in landing the youngster.
The Rams were close to signing him, but a return to Forest was too tempting to turn down.
Garner had previously rejected a new contract at United.
However, an improved offer that will tie the Englishman to the club until 2025 has been agreed, as reported by Football Insider.
Elsewhere, Dylan Levitt has secured a loan move to Dundee United for the 2021-22 season, according to United’s official website.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal