Jadon Sancho’s closest friends in the Manchester United dressing room believe he is in the wrong following his public outburst towards manager Erik ten Hag last month.
The England international came off the bench in the first three games of the league campaign, but he was dropped from the matchday squad for the defeat against Arsenal.
Speaking after the loss, Ten Hag said that Sancho was left out due to his poor attitude in training. The forward quickly responded with a statement where he accused the manager of lying.
Sancho has since deleted his social media post but he remains suspended by the club.
It is now reported by Manchester Evening News that Sancho’s closest friends in the dressing room have urged him to end the ongoing feud by saying sorry to the manager.
The attacker is ‘stubbornly refusing’ to do so and his career at United could be coming to an end soon. The club are open to listening to offers in January if his stance continues.
Sancho could be heading for January exit
The 23-year-old has had a difficult United career thus far. He has registered only 12 goals and six assists from 82 appearances since his arrival from Borussia Dortmund.
Hence, Ten Hag was right with his decision to drop him from the squad last month. Instead of criticising the manager, Sancho should have responded on the training pitch.
There is still time to make amends for his mistake, but it appears the forward does not want to apologise. In our view, United could be open to sending him out on loan initially.
If he has a positive stint away from the club, this would increase his valuation. He is currently priced at £28 million by Transfermarkt, but United would no doubt want a higher sum to sell.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action