Manchester United attacker Jadon Sancho was due to start against Tottenham Hotspur but was dropped over ‘certain issues’, reports Daily Mail journalist Mike Keegan.
“Before everything exploded, rumours had swirled about Sancho’s punctuality,” Keegan wrote.
“Indeed I was told he was due to start against Spurs but was dropped to the bench over certain issues.
“United denied it at the time so I didn’t write it. It can’t be denied that there have been problems.”
The England international eventually came off the bench in the 2-0 defeat away to Spurs to make his second Premier League appearance of the season.
Sancho also featured in the next game against Nottingham Forest, coming on with 30 minutes remaining in the 3-2 victory before missing out entirely on the matchday squad for the Arsenal game.
Man United manager Erik ten Hag accused the 23-year-old of a lack of proper attitude in training and the player fired back on X after the 3-1 loss to the Gunners.
Both parties have since met earlier this week for talks and Sancho has deleted his post.
However, it remains to be seen whether he will be available for selection when the Red Devils take on Brighton & Hove Albion at Old Trafford on Saturday.
Questions have been asked about the general attitude of the former Borussia Dortmund star in training and the dressing room, and his lack of discipline has not done him any favours.
Ten Hag could have resorted to calling him out to get a reaction from him in training and subsequently on the pitch, and the forward now has to do his talking on the training ground and the field of play.
All eyes will be on Sancho going forward following the controversy, and it will be intriguing to see whether he can get his Man United career back on track or if a January exit will happen.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return