Manchester United star Jadon Sancho is currently training with Dutch club OJC Rosmalen under the recommendation of manager Erik ten Hag.
The England international had a bright pre-season with the Red Devils in the summer and he was decent at the start of the campaign with a couple of key goals.
However, his form significantly dipped following the September international break. Sancho was dropped to the bench before being ruled out with an illness.
As a result, he failed to make the cut for the World Cup squad and he is now working privately in the Netherlands with coaches recommended by the manager.
Sancho has big point to prove after World Cup break
The England star joined the Red Devils from Borussia Dortmund with a splendid reputation, but he has struggled to live up to the high expectations with inconsistent displays.
He has failed to replicate his performances from his Bundesliga days. This has been due to the higher intensity of the Premier League. He still needs to improve physically and technically.
In Ten Hag, he has the right manager to guide him. Sancho should be disappointed by the World Cup snub, but he has a big point to prove when the season restarts.
The €60 million-rated star is no longer a guaranteed starter. With the stunning breakthrough of Alejandro Garnacho, he will need to earn his place in the line-up again.
Garnacho and Antony could be the manager’s preferred choices out wide following the World Cup. One of Marcus Rashford or Anthony Martial could start up front.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth