Manchester United star Jadon Sancho is currently training with Dutch club OJC Rosmalen under the recommendation of manager Erik ten Hag.
The England international had a bright pre-season with the Red Devils in the summer and he was decent at the start of the campaign with a couple of key goals.
However, his form significantly dipped following the September international break. Sancho was dropped to the bench before being ruled out with an illness.
As a result, he failed to make the cut for the World Cup squad and he is now working privately in the Netherlands with coaches recommended by the manager.
Sancho has big point to prove after World Cup break
The England star joined the Red Devils from Borussia Dortmund with a splendid reputation, but he has struggled to live up to the high expectations with inconsistent displays.
He has failed to replicate his performances from his Bundesliga days. This has been due to the higher intensity of the Premier League. He still needs to improve physically and technically.
In Ten Hag, he has the right manager to guide him. Sancho should be disappointed by the World Cup snub, but he has a big point to prove when the season restarts.
The €60 million-rated star is no longer a guaranteed starter. With the stunning breakthrough of Alejandro Garnacho, he will need to earn his place in the line-up again.
Garnacho and Antony could be the manager’s preferred choices out wide following the World Cup. One of Marcus Rashford or Anthony Martial could start up front.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January