Manchester United attacker Jadon Sancho remains out of the first-team picture after refusing to apologise to manager Erik ten Hag for his social media outburst last month.
It appears none is forthcoming as the England international appears keen to leave Old Trafford in January.
According to Sky Sports journalist Florian Plettenberg, while returning to Borussia Dortmund is very unlikely, the manager of the Bundesliga club Edin Terzic and the Man United forward remain in regular contact and nothing has been ruled out.
Sancho was linked with a summer exit after the transfer window in the top European leagues had closed, but he was unwilling to move to Saudi Arabia or Turkey.
A January exit is all but guaranteed as he is unwilling to admit that he is wrong, and Ten Hag will not hesitate to sanction a departure.
The 23-year-old will not be short of suitors across Europe during the winter transfer window, especially if the Red Devils are willing to loan him out with an option to buy.
Some Premier League clubs are also likely to register interest in recruiting his services despite his documented disciplinary issues.
Sancho has been banished from all first-team facilities at the club, including the dining room, but that has not made him remorseful despite agreeing to delete his initial X post calling out the manager.
Given his struggles and lack of consistency in the final third since he joined the club in 2021, it is safe to say the England international will not be missed by the coaching staff, and Man United will hope they can recoup a large chunk of the £73 million they parted with for his services.
However, not many clubs will be keen to pay the £39m he is currently worth in the transfer market, and it will be interesting to see whether he can manage to turn his career around going forward.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray