Manchester United forward Jadon Sancho has deactivated his Instagram account following his banishment from the club’s first-team facilities.
The England international remains reluctant to apologise to Erik ten Hag, but the Mirror reports that his teammates have now called on him to squash the ongoing beef with the manager.
Earlier this month, Sancho publicly refuted Ten Hag’s claims that he was omitted from the squad for Man United’s 3-1 defeat to Arsenal due to poor training performance.
His antics did not go down well with the manager, who subsequently banished him from first-team training and excluded him from the squad that faced Brighton & Hove Albion.
Although Sancho has deleted the initial tweet claiming he was made a scapegoat, Ten Hag insists the Englishman will not return to the fold until he issues an apology to the staff and his teammates.
Sancho was also left out of the Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich and the subsequent 1-0 victory over Burnley, and he is also expected to sit out tonight’s Carabao Cup third-round clash against Crystal Palace.
Several Man United stars have grown weary over the lengthy spat and have intervened to try and persuade Sancho to soften his stance.
England trio Harry Maguire, Marcus Rashford and Luke Shaw are reportedly among those asking their compatriot to compromise.
Sancho’s banishment includes the dining room, with Ten Hag keen on protecting the harmony and cohesion in the squad, drawing parallels to Cristiano Ronaldo’s situation nearly a year ago.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner stormed out of Old Trafford after being told he would be a late substitute against Tottenham and was suspended from the club’s facilities.
He ultimately departed the club a month later following an explosive interview where he criticised the hierarchy and Ten Hag himself.
There seems to be no end to the Sancho and Ten Hag row, leading to speculation that the underwhelming Englishman could depart the club when the winter market rolls around.
Former Man United manager Jose Mourinho is among Sancho’s admirers, while there have been links to Spanish champions Barcelona.
If Sancho refuses to compromise any time soon, there is a real possibility that he may have played his last game in a Man United shirt, which would be a shame considering he arrived at Old Trafford with the world at his feet.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling