Jack Grealish’s agent Jonathan Barnett has dropped a bombshell on his client’s future by predicting some ‘very big transfers’ going into the summer transfer window.
Grealish was one of the main targets for Manchester United last summer, but the deal failed to materialise due to Aston Villa’s stratospheric demands.
United moved on to Donny van de Beek, who arrived at Old Trafford as a back-up option but has since failed to adapt to new surroundings.
Meanwhile, the 25-year-old has gone from strength-to-strength at Villa Park, tallying six goals and 12 assists in 22 Premier League appearances.
His impressive showings for Villa have drawn attention from several other English clubs, including Manchester City.
Villa look destined to finish outside the top six, and may not be able to retain their captain despite their willingness to fight tooth and nail to scare off his suitors.
Grealish is one of the brightest prospects in the Premier League and deserves to play Champions League football, which could force Villa’s hand this summer.
Barnett has now fuelled speculation about Grealish’s potential big-money move in the upcoming transfer window.
“I am expecting three or four very big deals of my own that will break a lot of records,” he told The Athletic.
“Hopefully, they will come about. For the smaller clubs, I think there won’t be as many transfers. We have some very good players.
“We have probably the best young player in the world in Camavinga. We have got Grealish. We have got Konate at Leipzig. But then I have got over 100 players.”
RB Leipzig’s Ibrahima Konate has also been linked with a move to Old Trafford lately, as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to bolster his defensive options.
However, United will face stiff competition from Liverpool, with Jurgen Klopp hoping to overhaul his squad following a disastrous domestic season.
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham