Jack Butland has completed his Rangers medical after leaving Manchester United on loan, reports Football Scotland.
The 30-year-old goalkeeper joined the Red Devils on loan from Crystal Palace in January.
Butland did not make any appearances for Man United but was a regular on their bench.
The former England international was named in the matchday squad that faced Manchester City in the final of the FA Cup on Saturday.
However, he did not get to come off the bench as Erik ten Hag’s side lost 2-1 at Wembley Stadium.
The Old Trafford club were reportedly ready to double the wages Rangers are offering him to keep him permanently.
It appears both parties have now decided to go their separate ways.
The Scottish Premiership club have been keeping tabs on Butland for a while and have now landed their man.
Rangers have released Allan McGregor and manager Michael Beale wants a quality replacement for the veteran goalie.
Butland may not have played for Man United, but he remains a top goalkeeper.
The fact that the Red Devils opted to sign him after Newcastle United recalled Martin Dubravka speaks volumes.
A move to Rangers could have been too tempting for the former Stoke City star to turn down.
He will get to play regularly at the Scottish Premiership club and could also be playing in the Champions League next season.
The Light Blues finished second behind Celtic in the league but have booked a place in the third qualifying round of Europe’s elite club competition.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return