Sturm Gruz forward William Boving has said that he is amazed by the lightning fast rise of Rasmus Hojlund from Copenhagen to Manchester United.
Hojlund is regarded as one of the best young strikers in European football, and he has made significant strides over the past 18 months at club level.
In January last year, the Dane was still contracted to Copenhagen. He made the late move to Sturm Graz before the winter transfer window closed.
He played only 21 times for Graz before his move to Atalanta in August 2022. After just one season in Serie A, United were convinced to sign him.
Speaking to Bold.dk, Boving said that Hojlund’s career graph has been ‘crazy’, considering the speed at which he has made the move to Old Trafford.
Boving, who also played with Hojlund at Copenhagen, added that everyone at Graz are impressed by him as his journey has been ‘lightning fast’ and good.
He said: “It’s crazy! It’s crazy because there aren’t many people who take such a fast path forward, but it’s really good, and he’s taken the chances he’s been given. He’s a big boy who makes good use of it, so well done him.”
“They are impressed [when asked about the reaction at Graz]. They think it’s crazy, because they got a player from FCK who first got his breakthrough in Sturm Graz, and the journey after has been lightning fast and good.”
Hojlund’s United debut was delayed until September after he joined the club with a back problem.
The Dane impressed in his cameo appearance against Arsenal. He did not provide a goal threat, but caught the eye with his hold-up and link-up play.
The striker gave the Gunners defence something to think about. Gabriel Magalhaes looked uncomfortable due to the physical presence of the summer signing.
Hojlund should be a regular starter for United from this weekend. He has the opportunity to make an instant impact on his home debut with his maiden goal.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley