Manchester United have today confirmed that young Italian forward, Kiko Macheda, is set to join VfB Stuttgart on loan for the remainder of the season.
A club statement on their website says…..
United have reached an agreement with the Bundesliga club and the Italian is in Germany completing the temporary transfer.
Stuttgart are currently in 10th place in the German top-flight and and have been in the market for a new striker.
Director of sport Fredi Bobic admitted Macheda has been scouted extensively and a deal was clinched following positive discussions with Sir Alex, despite competition for his services.
Macheda, who will wear No14 at his new club, is United’s leading goalscorer at Under-21 level this term and was on the bench for the FA Cup third-round draw at West Ham. After previous loan stints with Sampdoria and QPR, the striker will be determined to make his mark.
“I have followed the Bundesliga and naturally know about Stuttgart,” said Macheda. “I am glad that I can now play for the club.
“For me, it is about getting to know the team and what I can bring because we have a lot of interesting games in three different competitions in front of us.”
Macheda joined United in 2008 introducing himself to the Old Trafford faithful with an unbelievable, almost title winning strike from the edge of the area against Aston Villa in April 09′.
Since then however, Macheda has struggled to make a lasting impact at the club beyond impressive displays at Reserves/U21 level thus forcing his boss to loan him out to first Italian giants, Sampdoria and then West Londoners Queens Park Rangers with both spells proving unsuccessful thanks to injuries and management sackings.
How do you rate Kiko’s time at United so far and will this latest foray oversees arm him with the tools to succeed at United?
What’s held Kiko back? Is it his attitude, ability or is it no surprise he can’t force his way into a squad boasting four exceptional forwards?
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season